Sunday, November 10, 2013

Abuse? Rape? Drugs?

"The past is the past."
How many times have we heard that now? I could honestly not even tell you. It isn't even that it makes me mad I guess, just because deep down I know they could not understand. (No Offense)
I get it though, and don't get me wrong I don't completely disagree.
Now before I go on... AGAIN, I AM NO LICENSED THERAPIST OR ANY OTHER OF THAT.
Anyways, as I have said before, different things work for different people. Trying to forget it all and move on? Well, in the most polite way I can say it, there was no worse way for me to try to deal with it.
For a while I was just trying to push the memories out of my mind, using any sort of chemical help I thought would help. The only thing that achieved was a 7 year addiction and two good old overdoses where I ended up waking up in two overly bright hospital rooms. (I don't recommend it)
So then how the hell do we do it? Why can't we just go back to normal?
After some good time of just bouncing that question around in my head during endless walks on the beach, I gave up. There is no normal...
Nah, there is no forgetting that. And no one should even try to, trust me you will make yourself crazy.
So what am I doing now and what the hell does this whole post get to?
My Abuser, my Rapist, the blood that was spilt, and the pain and torture I experienced will be something that will be apart of me for the rest of my life. I've tried the running away, I've tried every synthetic chemical happiness this world has to offer, and, like I am sure you guys know, that doesn't do a whole lot.
I decided I couldn't let him win. They were not going to control my life, nor were the other experiences I was told to forget. These are all events that have already happened. That is something I can not do anything about. I had no other choice but to accept it. Sadly, don't we all?
I can't give you much advice with the unfortunate events that have happened in your life (as sorry as I am), but I can tell you what I did.
I let myself cry. I got angry...really damn angry. I cried more. And I had enough. The bullet had already pierced through my body and all I was doing was letting it bleed out. I saw myself in the mirror and all I saw was that big hole in my chest that was just getting bigger letting more and more of myself escape through it with how I was handling it. Looking up at my face shocked me even more, it just seemed like I was wearing a mask.
I was ready to win this battle. I did everything I could think off every day. At some time I knew that a slow healing process would close up the hole little by little; pieces of that mask were starting to crumble off right along with it.
So now. a few years later from all of that. Well yeah, it still hurts quite a damn lot sometimes, but it controls my life in a completely different way.
My strength comes from what I have endured. My determination comes from what had happened to show myself what exactly I can do. My hope, that I can try to help some other young that have been through some sort of the same thing. But most importantly...
It came down to one simple thing. I WILL DID NOT LET THEM STEAL MY LIFE.
Don't be scared of your previous chapters...after all, it's what makes our story and the ending so damn special. And the cool part about that...is that we have the power to write our ending exactly the way we want.
books
Picture by: Moyan Brenn
And I don't know about you, but I am nowhere near finished with mine.
Much Love fellow Bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment