Thursday, August 29, 2013

Addiction: Disguised Evil?


20130828-040457.jpg
So I was looking through some of the pictures I had taken the past year when I had come across this one. My mind does weird things late at night, so when I stared at this picture I almost immediately compared it to addiction.

I know it's a weird comparison but stick with me guys. I'll try to explain it the best I can haha

Everyone that has been through addiction, or even going through it right now, can all remember what the drugs/alcohol felt like in the beginning. For me personally, it was one of those, "Where has this been my whole life" kind of moments. Any one else?

The cabin in this picture looked so beautiful to me when I first got there. Everything there was so peaceful at first. To be able to just "escape" from everyday life was so nice and relaxing. At first it was amazing, but after a few good times, a pretty heavy storm was rolling in. We were pretty much stuck in the cabin for a good few days. Not able to drive anywhere, no internet connection, along with cell service, and electricity wasn't all that great either. To sum it up, it basically felt like I was alone and stranded.
Alright, back to how it relates.

Isn't this how addiction kind of starts? We think life seems so much better at first when we get that first taste. At first, when we are falling deeper and deeper in love with our own version of the devil, we don't realize how evil it really is. It is the "honeymoon stage" of addiction I guess you could call it. You just notice everything that is good about the drug, nothing else.

Just like in the cabin, as days...weeks...or years go by, you find yourself completely alone. Maybe not physically for everyone, but I think it would be safe to say that at some stage after we are in a full committed relationship with our drug(s), we all feel so stranded in the terrible world of addiction. Nowhere to go, no one to turn to, just completely alone.

My reasoning getting a little more clear now? Or am I still just babbling?

In the end, we come to realize that the way we were living life before was a much easier situation than this romanticized world of drugs. That although it may seem like something we want at first, it really is just a form of evil disguised as that infamous "easy button" we all crave sometimes. We realize that "escaping" from life really isn't actually what we thought it was.

I hope this somewhat made sense. But more so, I hope everyone out there is having a good night/day.

Till next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment