Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Calm after the Storm


Just a quick post for right now. Just wanted to share this picture. It was taken by a good friend on my first sober weekend. I was so overwhelmed just standing there, taking everything in. 

I had walked around Laguna Beach almost everyday for the past seven years of my addiction, but it was only after I had gotten clean that I was able to...feel the beauty. I finally smelled the ocean again. I had almost forgotten what it smelled liked, that salty but refreshing crisp air. 

I still remember that day so clearly. It was at that very spot that I promised myself to not let myself get to overtaken by the complexities of life. To take time everyday and just take everything in. If we don't stop everyday and look for the good, all we are going to be able to see is the bad. 

And I don't know about you, but I could definitely use some more good in my life.

We all could.  

No comments:

Post a Comment